For a large office needing high security shredding, the GBC Shredmaster GLHS930 is an excellent system. With features such as Jam Free technology and super quiet operation, this heavy duty machine is an efficient way of getting rid of all your unwanted documents. Here is a closer look at the details.
- This machine is extremely easy to use. Simply slide in your items and the blades begin shredding on cue, automatically stopping when you've finished. A backlit control panel keeps you constantly aware of your machine's status. And after a few minutes of inactivity, the motor powers down to a energy conserving sleep mode in order to save electricity.
- GBC's patented Jam Free technology works to prevent paper jams from happening. The mechanism detects overfed paper and shuts down the blades before they are clogged. The throat glows red to alert the user to the issue. After the excess items are removed, the light turns green and shredding begins again. If a jam does occur, materials are sent back out to the user by the automatic reverse.
- The powerful motor boasts of two great features: continuous duty and quiet operation. The first allows all day shredding without frequent cool down periods. And with a noise level of only 55 decibels, this machine is around 10 decibels quieter than its competition. That's about the difference between an average conversation one yard away and a vacuum cleaner.
- The wide 10.2 inch throat easily accepts oversized paper and disorganized stacks up to nine sheets thick. The blades devour staples, paperclips, credit cards, and CDs. Items are shred as fast as 13 feet per minute, excellent for a high security device.
The remnants drop into a large 30 gallon waste bin. The container is housed in a convenient pull-out drawer for simple removal and replacement of the shred bags, which come in both plastic and recyclable paper.
- Cross cutting shafts convert full size documents into tiny pieces, only 1/32" by 7/16" in size. These minuscule particles are small enough to earn a level 5 security rating, keeping even highly classified information safely obliterated.
- The cutting cylinders are self cleaning and self oiling. Both of these features keep the shafts running smoothly and prolong the life of your machine. They are backed by a one year warranty. The rest of the device carries two year coverage that includes on-site service.
- At 156 pounds, this is a hefty product. Since it lacks casters, moving it around will be a bit difficult. We recommend using a dolly for easier mobility.
- The capacities on this machine are low for a high use device, only taking nine sheets at once and a slow shred speed of ten feet per minute. Even so, this is fairly normal for such a high security shredder. If you don't need quite this much security and want faster shredding, we suggest the GLM1130.
As evidenced by the many strengths, the GLHS930 is an excellent high security device. Large offices needing the safe disposal of classified information will highly benefit from this machine. We think the GBC Shredmaster GLHS930 is an excellent choice for your next central office shredder.
If you'd like to purchase the GBC Shredmaster GLHS930, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also have a wide selection of other Paper Shredders. Plus, you'll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00.Check it out for yourself now!